Saturday, February 21, 2009

Microsoft Vista

I never thought the day would come that I'd say I like Vista but it's here. Like anything else new we find fault and cling to what we know best without giving the new the benefit of the doubt. There are a lot of things annoying with Vista such as permissions and the search function but there are a lot of things right with it too such as Mail and Calendar. I really haven't explored very much but am as comfortable getting around in Vista as I was in XP. There is no real reason to give up XP if you don't want to but soon We'll have Windows 7 and then XP will become even more a relic.

It is interesting watching my daughter on her new Vista machine. There really is a steep learning curve, one which I wouldn't want to tackle while working full time and going to class once a week to keep current on a teaching certificate.

So there, I said it. Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment