Monday, April 20, 2009

The End and the Beginning

This is a week with an end and a beginning of a different sort. The end of chemo and the beginning of remission. There is a sense of relief and of anticipation and nervousness. Relief that the side-effects of treatment will gradually disappear. Anticipation and nervousness over how long remission will last. There is no cure for my cancer. Only remission, relapse and remission until it wins. But I have been living for 3 years with prostate cancer on the same terms and I find that life goes on. I try to live each day to the fullest and put the anxiety aside. It only raises it's head when I approach the Doctor appointment to see how the PSA is doing. I suspect it will be the same with the lymphoma/leukemia. It's a waiting game to which I'm becoming accustomed. Worry is useless. Yesterday is gone, today is here now, tomorrow may never come!

No comments:

Post a Comment