Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mandolin or Die Trying.

A major regret is that I have never learned to play a musical instrument. When I was around 7 or so my parents bought me an accordion and lessons. I never practiced and so never went very far. Have tried piano and harmonica and the wife's 38 year old Yamaha guitar. I am better at harmonica but that's a stretch!

I met a friend at the Anchorage Folk Festival doing extensive manipulating of a mandolin. To say he is good is an understatement. I told him my regret was never learning to play anything; his response, "It is never too late". I guess since my fingers still work at 60, I should try and so I now have a new mandolin partly funded by my Christmas gift from my son and his family.

I've managed to get it tuned and have downloaded two-finger chords. So I'm determined to learn how to play if it kills me; and it just might. I am also sticking with harmonica.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment