Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Better Living Through Chemistry

I'm not sure you can say better living comes through chemo drugs but I'm feeling pretty good today. My energy level is higher than it's been in a long time. Getting rid of some of those bad B-Cells has been a good thing. The downside is the loss of good cells and the loss of sight in one eye has been emotional, educational, frustrating, sad. I could have gone through anything but this with ease. I'm unable to put into words how it is effecting me. I pray every day that the sight will come back. I used to shoot left handed, looked through the camera viewfinder with my left eye. It was the dominate and yet most problematic and now useless. Reading is difficult. Proof-reading is tough. Perspective and depth perception are gone. Beauty is marred. But hey! Nobody promised me life would be easy and up to now, and even now I am blessed beyond what I deserve. There are kids in many countries that will never ever have the opportunities I have had. I've never gone to bed hungry nor been unable to provide for my family, so what am I beefing about?

Cancer sucks! No other way to put it. Those who are working for cures are wonderful people. Those who give time, talent or treasure to fight the fight are precious. God bless you and them with good health and a long life!

No comments:

Post a Comment