Friday, January 27, 2012

Hangin'

Just hanging with the dogs and CNBC is getting old! I didn't seem to have a problem doing it before my trip but now that I'm home it seems different. Just hanging in the Philippines was different. I hung outside in one of 3 places and there was always something to watch or someone to visit with. If nothing else, there was bird watching. Nearby was a thicket of bamboo which was at least 75 feet high and full of birds. It had the usual suspects of Eurasian Tree Sparrows and Pied Fantails but occasionally a visitor came by like the Philippine Tailorbird or Brown Shrike. Watching that tree could consume hours. One night we were visited by a Peregrine that also liked the birds in that tree. There were many birds that visited that were deep in the thicket and I couldn't get a good look at them. It was a pleasure to wake as sun came up and listen to the symphony of from that tree, although I never got up that early (5 am).
So maybe it's the snow and winter that are boring me. Very little new activity outside. An occasional moose or Boreal Chickadee come by but otherwise it's pretty dull around here. It's no wonder I miss the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment