Sunday, January 1, 2012

Days 2-6 Philippines 2011/2012

So our flight actually took off at 1pm and we arrived in Incheon in 11 hours.Then a short wait and off to Manila on Philippine Airlines. First time on a 747/400. On arrival it was wait for immigration and then for baggage. The immigration guy gave us 1year visas with a slight inducement. We were greated by the whole family and began the drive home. Of course we had to stop and eat and got home at around 2:30 am and stayed up until 3:45. 4 hours of sleep later, a new day. Highlights: Monday went to Baliuag and money exchange, women got facials and we cruised the mall (SM). Dinner and some drinking after. Tuesday I got my first pedi and mani cure. Went for groceries at SM and looked for a sim card. Dinner at Paul's. Wednesday not much going on. Thursday back to SM shopping and I got a sim card finally. Friday we took the car to a mechanic inn San Fernado. Needs a transmission for a total of around $1,000. Saturday they butchered a pig and made all kinds of dishes for New Years Day. Also prepared a small pig for lechon. In the evening we did the lechon and it sure was good! We drank some beer and had some more with the neighbor. At 11:45 all heck broke loose. I have NEVER seen so many fireworks nor hear so many guns firing. It was nonstop for 35 minuted and then more sporadic. Awesome! Happy New Year we ate a lot and many friends, relatives and neighbors came by to eat and visit. Everyone teased me about being Santa! My asthma was kicking my butt so I was in bead REAL early. I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment